One of the hottest looks for 2012 are sultry Smokey Eyes.
The basics of Smokey Eye make-up are quite simple— generous amounts of dark eyeliner and dark shadow and then smudge to create smooth and deep shadows.
There are countless variations on the Smokey Eyes look to suit your skin tone and Hair Color.
To get that smoldering, smoky eye look celebs sport on the red carpet, go for black, gray, brown or if you want color, dark green shadows and liners. Then, follow these steps:
Smokey Eyes – Makeup “How To Tips“
1. Apply a cream concealer over your eyelid to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
2. Use a pencil liner (black or gray looks best) to trace your top lashline from the inner corner to the outer. Then, use the same pencil to dot between your lower lashes. Smudge both lashlines with a cotton swab or an eyeliner brush.
3. Sweep powder shadow (brown, gray and dark green all work with black or gray liner) over your lid and into your crease, blending the color up and outward, says New York City makeup artist Morgen Schick DeMann.Marie Claire recommends: Morgen Stained Glass Eye Wash in Spruce; Shiseido The Makeup Eye Shadow Brush; Cover Girl Perfect Blend Pencil in Basic Black; Origins Full Story Lush-Lash Mascara in Black.
To “reveal” even more great tips for smokey eyes – just click any social button and comment
[viralbait_buttons fb=”yes” google=”yes” twitter=”yes” linkedin=”yes” ]
[viralbait_content giftID=”-1″ loadtime=”page” revealtime=”vb_rev_comment” ]
TIP: To prevent color from fading and give your lids a more shimmery finish, pat a cream shadow over the concealer on your lid first, wait five minutes, then top with a matching powder shadow.
4. Dust a lighter, neutral eyeshadow (such as ivory) over just your browbone.
5. Finish with two coats of black mascara for perfect Smokey Eyes