Great Lengths Hair Extensions are now at Glo Extensions Denver
Master Stylist, Heather Occhionero, is certified in the application of Great Lengths Hair Extensions. Great Lengths offers the finest quality human hair extensions along with latest technology for comfort and versatility, and for extensions that are virtually undetectable. See what our clients are saying about their experience with Great Lengths Hair Extensions:
Learn all about Great Lengths Hair Extensions, where they come from, how they are applied, and how to care for them. Many Hollywood Celebrities are wearing Great Lengths Hair Extensions…read on and discover who!
40 Natural Shades
Great Lengths hair extensions match the color of your own hair. Strands are available in lengths from 8 inches to 24 inches. Consult with a professional to decide whether a full head lengthening, volumizing, highlighting or zonal volume application is right for you.
WHERE DO GREAT LENGTHS HAIR EXTENSIONS COME FROM?
The origin of Great Lengths Hair Extensions
Where does hair used in Great Lengths hair extensions come from? This question is posed by women all around the world who are considering hair extensions and wondering if they are ethical. We are justifiably dubious about the origin, quality and traceability. While most extension companies source and purchase their hair from a third party, Great Lengths Hair Extensions use only hair that comes direct from the source to provide the highest quality 100% real Human Hair that is guaranteed to be ethically sourced and traceable, making it unique in the Extension industry.
The hair used in Great Lengths Hair Extensions comes directly from the Hindu Temple, Tirumala, where the traditional religious ceremony “tonsuring” is practiced. Entire families (men, women, children, grandparents) make the pilgrimage to the temple to voluntarily have their heads shaved. This act of thanksgiving typically takes place before or after a momentous, joyful event.
In order to provide transparency in hair purchasing and processing for our customers, Great Lengths is the only extension company to employ full time staff based in India to ensure the proceeds from the legitimately purchased hair is funneled directly back into the local community. These monies fund medical aid, education systems and other crucial infrastructure projects.
- Do not shampoo for two days after your Great Lengths hair extensions are applied.
- Great Lengths recommends that you return to your Certified Great Lengths Extensionist approximately two weeks after your application. This follow-up visit allows you Extensionist to inspect the application to ensure that your Great Lengths application result is performing as expected.
- When shampooing, always wash your hair with your head back, not tilted forward. Never dry with a scrubbing action, instead wrap a towel to absorb the excess moisture. When allowing your hair to “air dry,” Great Lengths recommends that the attachment sites be dried with a blow dryer to prevent the bonds from remaining wet for an extended period of time.
- Always use the Great Lengths Anti-tap Formula after every wet treatment. Mix one line (as indicated on the bottle) to 8 ounces of water in a spray bottle. The Anti-tap Formula is designed to neutralize irregularities in your water source and/or to protect the keratin bond polymers from chlorine, saltwater and other solutions not compatible with a proper pH.
- To prevent premature bond breakdown always saturate your hair with water and apply Great Lengths Anti-tap Formula prior to swimming, exercising, using a sauna or any activity that creates moisture in your hair for an extended period of time. Immediately after such activities, shampoo thoroughly, condition, apply the Anti-tap Formula and blow-dry the attachment sites (bonds).
- Brush Great Lengths hair extensions three times a day with the recommended Great Lengths brush. Unlike many extension systems, regular and thorough brushing is recommended for Great Lengths extensions. Beginning at the nape, brush row by row, scalp to ends. Always pull Great Lengths into a softly held ponytail while sleeping or any activity that has your hair blowing in the wind. These important brushing and steps will prevent tangling at the attachment sites.
- Styling options for Great Lengths hair extensions are virtually limitless. However, there are a few precautions you will want to take. Blow-drying and use of curling irons, flat irons and hot rollers may be used but heat must be kept at an adequate distance for 1.5 inches from the attachment site (bond).
Some extension loss is normal throughout the life of your Great Lengths application. The average person experiences natural hair loss of 100 to 150 hairs a day. A full-head Great Lengths application covers approximately one-third of the head. After some time you can expect to see a small quantity of your hair that has shed naturally yet is still attached to the bond. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair that has been pulled out of the scalp by the extensions. Daily brushing as instructed above will void those loose hairs from tangling or matting at the attachment site. Here’s a few before and after examples of recent Glo Extensions clients:
GREAT LENGTHS HAIR EXTENSIONS – METHOD OF APPLICATION
3200 THERMAL SYSTEM
The Original. The system that has become the standard by which all other extension systems are judged has put extension services into the mainstream! This still unrivaled system produces results simply not possible with any other system. The Great Lengths 3200 applicator tong is heated on one side. The temperature, which is approximately the same temperature as the lowest setting on a standard curling iron, is used to soften the Great Lengths bond so it can be molded to your natural hair. Unlike other systems, where glue guns and wax melting pots are used, the 3200 applicator allows for a very clean and precise application. The result is undetectable attachments that are brushable, durable and, most importantly, non-damaging to your natural strands.